April 14, 2011

Nitobe Memorial Gardens

I am so lucky that I live in the Vancouver area.  Despite the fact that I will always love the Prairies, Van has one thing that they don't: Spring. I'm talking an actual, pronounced, April showers bring May flowers (and there are flowers.  Lots of them!), green, warm, beautiful, Spring.  I think that one of the best ways to enjoy the warm weather here is to visit the celebrated Nitobe Memorial Gardens at the University of British Columbia.

This is one of the best and most authentic Japanese gardens outside Japan.  I didn't have a chance to do many sketches this time, so I guess that means I'll have to go back and visit this wonderfully tranquil place again sometime soon.  Sigh, such a chore.  For now, here's just a small taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment